One of my dreams is to travel to another country just for the food. I think Vietnam is the best bet! Also, I think this is the most amazing interview with Obama.
This needed more mint but at P18.50 it is a steal. Filling Christmassy!
It has been almost two months since I had no chicken, pork or beef. I want to shake things up again like eating less carbs (no more bread, noodles or pasta) which is what I fall back to days when I feel stressed or I don’t have a lot of options.
I still need to plan before I start with the next phase. Need to find more motivation especially with the temptations I find every where.
I haven’t listed down my expense highlights since June so I am trying to do a catchup.
- Foot socks for P300. The ones with the plastic on the ankle so it doesn’t slip off.
- Coffee & doughnut at Krispy Kreme (P127).
- New umbrella (P380) to replace my old one which doesn’t hold open anymore.
- Renew gym membership (P1,000).
- Found wonderful used books at Book Sale, three for P357.
- Something cool at Bo’s Coffee (P120).
- A new white shirt that I can use during pilates. I looked at the discounted racks and found one for P149.75.
- Okonomiyaki and edamame for P270 at a newly opened Japanese restaurant in Lapu Lapu.
- A pair of H&M bralettes for P999. I use these instead of my underwire bras which are stretched out.
- Organic liquid detergent from Human Nature (P299.75). I need to start using this at the do-it-yourself laundry.
- My favorite happy mooshi for P125.
- Late cup of cappuccino (P150) while everyone had alcohol.
- Dinner (P233) at a newly opened restaurant at the yacht club. Starting my no pork/chicken/beef diet.
- Went twice to Country Basket for mushroom sandwich & then mushroom pasta. Total of P490 with iced tea.
- Found another used book for P115.
- Jojoba oil from Human Nature for P300. I use this for my face at night and once a week for my hair.
- My red Nike backpack got too worn out so I had to buy a Converse backpack at The Outlets for P1,150. The Converse backpack is much sturdier than the Nike or Adidas ones.
- A box of munchkins (P125) for my boss’ birthday brunch.
- Lunch (P120) with friends at the food court.
- Contributed P160 for a baby shower at the office.
Plenty of expenses but no regrets.
Dreaming about this no pork, no chicken & no beef fried rice. Just skip the magic sarap though!
I ate something last night that was cooked in rancid oil and I ended up having a stomach ache and numerous trips to the toilet. The thought of anything friend makes my stomach queasy and for tonight I am eating canned tuna paella, a packet of pork & beans and a packet of pineapple chunks. I want to eat healthier and maybe it is time to invest in a rice cooker because it looks I can cook a whole lot things beyond rice.
I managed to have lower expenses in May. One weekend, my parents were in town so I had meals with them and my brother and his family. Another weekend, I got invited (free) to a lunch buffet at Shangrila which was very delicious (loved the Indian food and sushi). So here are my noteworthy purchases:
- Breakfast at Bo’s (P205) because I was tired of my normal weekend breakfasts.
- My once-a-month trip to Mooshi (P125).
- Renewal of my gym membership (P1,000).
I have been reading Refinery29’s Money Diaries so I was inspired to analyze my spending and came up with these figures:
- Food (40%)
- Rent (38%)
- Gym (10%)
- Transportation (5%)
- Laundry (4%)
- Toiletries (3%)
Would this be the same next month? I probably have to buy new bras since the I am finding holes in the elastic! I didn’t include my Pilates classes because that would be 50% of my total expenses!
April’s expenses were off the roof!
- My favorite happy mooshi (P125) when I need a healthy boost once in a while.
- Two pairs of shoes: slip-ons (P1,250) and workout shoes (P1,299).
- A haircut (P130) which included tip for the extra shampoo and a 30-minute massage (P100) by blind therapists to get rid of shoulder pain.
- Had iced coffee crumble (P135) and iced café latte (P120) at Bo’s and an iced mocha (P135) at Sans Rival. It took me a while to realize that I should lay off from iced drinks with too much whipped cream.
- Gym membership (P1,000) and ID card (P200).
- Bought too many pizza (P2,454) for people at the office to celebrate post-birthday.
- A Jo Nesbo book (P115) at Book Sale! Carrot cake and coffee at Leona (P105). I remembered there was a time wherein I could have the same thing for less than P100. The cake is still the same but the coffee was watery.
I don’t know if I can manage to curb my expenses in May. Also, I need to stop buying shoes!
I am justified by my weekly McDonald’s black coffee. There is a nearby Dunkin Donuts but they inexplicably don’t have coffee all the time. Is this review also applicable to iced coffee? Also does anyone deliver here some iced coffee? I am slowly dying in the heat!