Are these waterproof? I need it for the mud & rain lately. However this would be too much during summer. With the amount of walking I do, will this last me more than 2 years? I saw the price of a Doc Marten and it was around P7,000++!
October 29, 2016
October 22, 2016
I was feeling bad last night so finding a lot of good books today was a thrill for me. I also found Jeanette Winterson’s Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit, Robin McKinley’s Beauty and Tamora Pierce’s First Test.
I really got lucky finding these books and I want to savor reading them!
October 15, 2016
I have read three memoirs by three funny ladies: Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and Felicia Day. The first two were underwhelming, the last one was slightly better because I have a soft heart for Felicia Day who I have religiously followed her Vaginal Fantasy podcasts for more than 4 years.
Mindy Kaling’s book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? has been released for quite some time and her third book was just released last month. I used to read her blog before but my unfortunate encounter with memoirs from comediennes have turned me off from reading any of Kaling’s books. Also recently released was Amy Schumer’s book while Anna Kendrick is coming out next month. I have learned my lesson, no more memoirs from funny people who are still alive because I don’t them funny at all!
October 13, 2016
This was so funny! I think Louis XIV has the best hair in the series. You can get mesmerized with all that hair (and of course sex)!
October 8, 2016
October 7, 2016
I know this is a highly fictionalized and romanticized version of Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha. I have heard and extreme versions of Prince Albert as a controlling husband, a strict father, etc. However in the Victoria the television series, I can’t help but fall for Tom Hughes’ Prince Albert. He is romantic, devoted, progressive, dutiful and always finding ways to prove himself.
I look forward to this series especially the scenes between Victoria and Albert. I don’t know how long the series will take the story. Until Albert’s death or until Victoria’s death?
October 6, 2016
- Gunmetal Magic by Ilona Andrews – I was disappointed that Andrea’s point of view was almost the same as Kate’s, sometimes I find myself forgetting that it is Andrea’s story. However I did enjoy Anubis appearance in that world. Also, I wished the romance between Andrea and Raphael was handled differently.
- Magic Gifts by Ilona Andrews – I made a mistake of reading this after Gunmetal Magic because the two stories actually overlaps. Also, nothing can compare to Kate and Curran’s relationship and dynamics. It was good to be back in Kate’s world.
- Lady Susan by Jane Austen – It took a while to get back to Austen’s writing. This was a bit short and I think watching Love and Friendship would make me enjoy the main character a bit more. In this tale, not everything ends up happily ever after.
- Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope – I suddenly picked this up because of Booktube and because I saw there was an old tv series The Barchester Chronicles with Alan Rickman as Obadiah Slope. I really disliked the early chapters of the book because I just didn’t care about all the intrigues of the clergy. It became interesting when the female characters came in especially the romance part. There were some frustrating characters like Mr Harding who always remind me of the quote “the meek shall inherit the earth”. However I don’t think he will inherit the earth. Around the half-way point I was starting to enjoy the book and can’t wait to read the next one Doctor Thorne which also has a new tv adaptation. However the book took forever to read, it just went on and on and made me fall into a reading slump.
- Age of Myth by Michael J. Sullivan – It took me a while to find a book that I could push through with my reading slump. I haven’t read any Michael J. Sullivan before so I wasn’t sure with his style. Fortunately I found the book engaging, unexpected and filled with interesting characters. Because I knew the book was just the beginning of a long series, I did not expect the events to happen in such a way. I think this is the first time in years that I eagerly await the next book of a new series!
- A Suitable Vengeance by Elizabeth George – I was excited to read this because the series was highly recommended by Booktuber Kate Howe. The writing was easy read however I felt distanced from the characters. I think the tension between Lynley, St James and Deborah just overwhelmed everything else. Also I don’t think it was the best book to start the series since Lynley wasn’t doing real detective work in the story. Also, his partner Detective Havers is not present and I have heard that there is a lot of tension between them which is not something I am eager to read about. I will probably read another book from the series if I ran out of books to read.
September 29, 2016
Reading from my iPad mini is a strain on the eyes, I really need to move on to another device. Since 95% of the time I use my iPad mini as an ereader, I might as well get a Kindle right? However I have never physically come across a Kindle so I don’t know if I would like it. Can I still open the ebooks I have in my laptop? I am still thinking and thinking.
September 28, 2016
It has been almost two months since I had no chicken, pork or beef. I want to shake things up again like eating less carbs (no more bread, noodles or pasta) which is what I fall back to days when I feel stressed or I don’t have a lot of options.
I still need to plan before I start with the next phase. Need to find more motivation especially with the temptations I find every where.
September 25, 2016
This is pretty useful for the problems that I always have every month. I wonder if these work on really old stains.