Last night I got caught in a sudden downpour. The rain lasted only for 30 minutes but the wind was very strong and the water rose up quickly. I got drenched up to my waist and my black loafers were soaked beyond redemption. Today I put on my sports shoes when I walked to the office and used my blue Indian flats at work (it immediately gave me blisters). I knew that my black loafers would still be wet so I bought a pair of Easy Soft Riley flats (P399.75). This brand is touted to be waterproof, flexible, durable and shock absorbing. I wonder if this will last me a year. This is my fourth pair of shoes in 2016 and one pair is already in the dust bin. My black loafers doesn’t look to last another six months. I bought these flats because it is waterproof and the weather this week is expected to be wet and muddy.
November 2, 2016
October 29, 2016
Are these waterproof? I need it for the mud & rain lately. However this would be too much during summer. With the amount of walking I do, will this last me more than 2 years? I saw the price of a Doc Marten and it was around P7,000++!
September 29, 2016
Reading from my iPad mini is a strain on the eyes, I really need to move on to another device. Since 95% of the time I use my iPad mini as an ereader, I might as well get a Kindle right? However I have never physically come across a Kindle so I don’t know if I would like it. Can I still open the ebooks I have in my laptop? I am still thinking and thinking.
September 19, 2016
I usually only buy used books but because I was impressed with Michael J. Sullivan’s Age of Myth that I want to buy the entire The Riyria Revelations. I must be mad!
September 1, 2016
I haven’t listed down my expense highlights since June so I am trying to do a catchup.
- Foot socks for P300. The ones with the plastic on the ankle so it doesn’t slip off.
- Coffee & doughnut at Krispy Kreme (P127).
- New umbrella (P380) to replace my old one which doesn’t hold open anymore.
- Renew gym membership (P1,000).
- Found wonderful used books at Book Sale, three for P357.
- Something cool at Bo’s Coffee (P120).
- A new white shirt that I can use during pilates. I looked at the discounted racks and found one for P149.75.
- Okonomiyaki and edamame for P270 at a newly opened Japanese restaurant in Lapu Lapu.
- A pair of H&M bralettes for P999. I use these instead of my underwire bras which are stretched out.
- Organic liquid detergent from Human Nature (P299.75). I need to start using this at the do-it-yourself laundry.
- My favorite happy mooshi for P125.
- Late cup of cappuccino (P150) while everyone had alcohol.
- Dinner (P233) at a newly opened restaurant at the yacht club. Starting my no pork/chicken/beef diet.
- Went twice to Country Basket for mushroom sandwich & then mushroom pasta. Total of P490 with iced tea.
- Found another used book for P115.
- Jojoba oil from Human Nature for P300. I use this for my face at night and once a week for my hair.
- My red Nike backpack got too worn out so I had to buy a Converse backpack at The Outlets for P1,150. The Converse backpack is much sturdier than the Nike or Adidas ones.
- A box of munchkins (P125) for my boss’ birthday brunch.
- Lunch (P120) with friends at the food court.
- Contributed P160 for a baby shower at the office.
Plenty of expenses but no regrets.
July 2, 2016
I know I will never shell out the money for a real Birkenstocks so I will have to make do with the Payless version. I tried it at the store this morning, I was tempted especially that all my shoes are wet from the constant rains and flood. However, I managed to whisk myself before I weakened. So I was very surprised that instead of P995 it is P298.50 online! How do I get the cheaper version?
At Book Sale Parkmall, I saw a couple of P.D. James (The Lighthouse and Death in Holy Orders), Jacqueline Winspear’s Pardonable Lies, an M.C. Beaton, Gail Carriger’s Changeless, Henning Mankell’s The Man Who Smiled and Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey. I was excited to see the Mankell book but I picked up Pocket Penguin Classics edition of Elizabeth Gaskell’s North and South. I have plans to reread it again but not in ebook form. I bought the copy for P121!
I wish I also found a copy of Wives and Daughters which is in my future classics TBR!
My Nike backpack, which I bought in Japan two years ago for around P800, has a broken zipper. I would suddenly find the main compartment completely open. I don’t know how long I can keep using it. I can’t see the possibility of having it repaired unless I go to those fake Habagat sellers in the hope that someone can fix my bag.
When the time comes, I am leaning towards the JanSport Austin backpack. At 26L, it is big enough for a weekend getaway and it has an internal laptop sleeve. It is P2,890 in Zalora but I won’t be buying it online.
March 4, 2016
Looking at February’s numbers is almost giving me a heart attack.
- Went back to yoga and got 5+1 (P800) and 3+1 (P500) class cards at Yoga Yachtclub Mactan.
- A lot of dining out including a pizza treat (P866) for some of my HW engineers, breakfast (P135)at Bo’s, lunchout (P130) at Manggahan, halo halo treat (P180) for another colleague, lunch (P425) at Brique Ayala with Jeanne and a Munchkin box (P135) for my niece.
- Fake Adiddas t-shirt (P150) and a Island Souvenirs t-shirt (P199.75) since I am running out of tops for workout and going out.
- Trying out a new natural deodorant from Nature’s Gate (P195).
- Also shelled out P10,400 for my pilates classes!
So in March, my goals include less eating out and healthier eating!
February 25, 2016
I hate shopping and I always ask myself several times if I really need something or if my money can go to something better. However I have my yearly Metro gift certificate for P1000. This time I want to use it one time, the last one I lost almost P100 in some discrepancy of the transactions. Yesterday I picked up the following:
- Zen Nutrients Gugo Shampoo (I couldn’t find their tea tree shampoo)
- Cheap red tshirt (for workouts)
- Anti-slip socks (for pilates)
- Small notebook (bullet journal?)
- Plastic hook (for my tote bags)
- Adapter (I can’t charge my iPad mini if I am plugging in my laptop)
- Nivea lotion (for the office, I use coconut oil at home)
- Energen (for afternoon snacks at the office)
- Pulceras (I was intrigued by this delicacy from Bacolod, unsweetened cookies)
Fortunately I only paid P8 extra for all of these. I don’t want to buy more stuff in the next three months.